January 19, 2011

It has been one year...

It has been a year since the last time I posted.  It has been less time since I have written but for some reason I never posted those.  And of course, so much has changed in the last year.

  • Baby boy, Monkey, as we lovingly refer to him, was born on May 16th.  One day before my 29th birthday.  It was an ordeal - but that's for another post.
  • I have postpartum depression that I have been working on since Monkey was 8 weeks old.  It has been a long and tedious road, but I am getting better.
  • Sweet Pea has learned to walk, run, climb stairs, etc.  She talks non-stop, narrating her life to us.  RoadTripDaddy and I love it, well...most of the time.
  • Monkey is in constant motion.  He moves lightening fast even though he is not crawling on all fours yet. He has perfected the army crawl and can cross a room in the time it takes me to write this sentence.  Monkey is also pulling himself up on things.  As of this morning, he is now able to pull himself all the way up to his feet.  I'm not ready for this.
  • We moved Sweet Pea to a toddler bed - her crib converted.  The first night of sleep went great.  Every night since that (over 2 weeks) has been not good.  Most nights we are awoken at 12:45am or 2:30am.  It's awesome...
  • As of tonight, Sweet Pea has decided that when we leave her room after the bedtime routine, if she is awake, she will get out of bed and follow us - wailing - into the hallway or our bedroom.  Another awesome finding.
  • I have made resolutions (not for New Years) that I have vowed to keep - and my number one priority is making 2011 "the year of our family."
In the last year, I have learned so much from my friends, family, Sweet Pea and Monkey.  I'm trying to keep these lessons of patience, understanding, forgiveness, wonder, excitement, and joy in the forefront of my mind.  I'm trying to take things less personally.  I'm trying to ease up on myself.  As I found this Christmas, there is only so much I can control.  I can't go back...I can't change what has happened.  I can only learn from it and move forward.  

"Life moves pretty fast.  If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." - Ferris Bueller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails