June 9, 2013

Six Years

Six years ago, RoadTripDaddy and I got married.  It was a crazy weekend full of love, family and friends.

I woke up early on our wedding day.  Very early.  I had spent the night at the site of our reception and had three of my bridesmaids with me.  I can't remember if I woke Lisa up or if she woke up from hearing me get up.  We decided to head to the hotel lobby so we didn't wake up my other bridesmaids.  We walked out of the room without leaving a note and without either of us grabbing our cell phones.

We chatted in the lobby as the hotel remained quiet in the early hours.  I attempted to get into the room our reception was going to be held in, but quickly realized the door was locked.  On the way out to our rehearsal the night before, I had looked into the room as the staff had started to set it up.  It seemed like the room was set up off (90 degrees off to be exact).  After I realized I wasn't going to be able to get in, I checked in at the front desk to see when the staff and event manager would be in to work on the room again.  Ignoring the fact that it was 5:30 am, I wanted to make sure the room was fixed before our reception that night.  Thankfully within about 30 minutes, I was able to talk to the event manager.  While she didn't believe me at first, once we both reviewed the set up plans on paper, she realized the error and promised it would be fixed by that evening.

With that checked off my list, Lisa and I then relaxed back in the lobby chairs and talked for a while longer.  My parents then walked in with some of our centerpieces.  We decided to help out and jumped in the car to head back to my parents to bring the remaining centerpieces.  At this point, it probably would have been a good idea to get my phone, call our room, or at least leave a note with the front desk to let my friends know that I hadn't run off.

When Lisa and I finally strolled back in the room just after 7:30 am, my two friends looked slightly panicked.  Unbeknownst to me, my groom-to-be had ordered a special breakfast for me and had his younger brother deliver it to my room.  My friends said something like I was still asleep or in the bathroom or something along those lines, accepted the breakfast, and ushered my soon-to-be brother-in-law on his way.  Somehow I managed not to run into him on my trip back to the room, even though I had missed him by roughly a minute.

As the day carried on and the 17 year cicadas sang a chorus loud enough you could hear it in the church, there were thousands of smiles, an outpouring of love and a pretty fabulous time if you ask me.

This morning at breakfast, RoadTripDaddy and I told Sweet Pea about our wedding.  We showed her our wedding album and talked about what a great day we had.  When Monkey finally made it out of bed, we told him about how special today was to our family.  Today we celebrated 6 years of marriage, 9+ years together, 2 beautiful children, friends who keep us smiling and family who keep us grounded. Thank you to everyone who was part of day six years ago and to everyone who has come through our lives in the time we have been together.

And to RoadTripDaddy...I love you more today than yesterday.  Happy Anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and come back soon!


Related Posts with Thumbnails